1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

missing dont wanna go

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevy$men, Dec 25, 2010.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

1997 GMC 3500HD 7.4 dump truck the other day driving home on the freeway it started missing really bad like back firing if i hit the gas hard and i pulled over check everything and the wire was broke in the front the first one on the driver side but the bolts are broke off the exhast so i thought the heat but i dont i put a new wire on and its still doing the same thing wtf in the summer had new fuel pump new fuel fiter new tune up ac plugs new wire + cap + rotor the check engine light is on autozone pulled the code and said its a o2 sensor it want cut off but miss like hell what do you guys think i need help...

2. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

You need to get the O2 sensor issue fixed because if its one of the precat sensors, those are the ones that have a big impact on how the truck will run. What wire is broke, a plug wire? You could have a cracked or fouled out plug or a bad fuel injector. I would check your plugs again and get a scanner that can give you some operational data to see if you are having any misfires on a specific cylinder.

I have a 98 with the 7.4L and even though I put new plugs in mine, I found two that were cracked not long after I installed them. These engines put out a lot of heat and can break down components pretty quickly sometimes. Good luck.

Wayne

3. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

thanks.....