1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Missed the drivway by "That much"

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bazook, Oct 16, 2009.

1. bazook

bazook Junior Member

Pics from last year. Plowing out (or attempting to) my in-laws driveway while they where sunning themselves in Florida. I had called my wife to come a pull me out with our avalanche but no answer. I was able to get it out after a little digging and a lot of rocking:eek:

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Ya its tough to remember where exactly that drive is under all that snow. Next time when they tell ya to help yourself to a few steaks in the freezer , tell em you want stakes on driveway.
  3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Done that before backing out of a narrow drive slide sideways down a county ditch. buddy had to come pull me out rocking it was not an option haha
  4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

you were sure trying to get out. i would have called them and said YEAH THERE MIGHT BE A LIL TURF DAMAGE (just a little):cry:
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

yup..just a little!
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

job security!
  7. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey, Bazzok, keep going like that and you'd be able to save yourself some money by starting up a lawn care service at the end of the winter season! You'll have lots of work!!

We've ALL been there at one time or another if you've been doing this for awhile. Anybody who says they haven't hasn't done many favors for friends (or relatives)!!
  8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Good way to start off on the site! I'll take that truck when you're done with it.
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks, you had it in there good.
  10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Man that sure looks familiar.
  11. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Last year I dropped my truck off a 3 foot curb doing a back driveup in the middle of the night. Had to trucks come pull me out.
  12. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

My worst fear right there.. that makes a long night VERY long
  13. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I couldn't agree more. It's usually the free ones at the end of your route that cost you the most time & money.
  14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Same thing happend to me kinda. I was pushing a bank back last year in a drive I have and when the guy asked me to push it back I said ok and I asked if there was anything in back of it, where i had to push the bank and he said no. Well when I pushed it back I found out there was a little 1 ft deep trench. well I got stuck haha
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The mud is the worst in the winter.
  16. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

That's why we put snowplows on our old wreckers.... we have to do 2 jobs at once (and don't have to call anyone when we mess up :)! )
  17. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

That wrecker idea sounds really good! I'll mention that to a few people around here. It would decrease their response time when I need them most!
  18. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like you missed the drive way by a lot .... Dosen't look even close !!!!!
  19. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

That happened to me at parents house last winter. I was clearing in front of there mailbox. I forgot the road curved right there (it had not yet been plowed) and I went off in a drainage ditch in the front yard. I gave them quit the lawn job!:eek: I finally got it out after a little work. I thought no one was home either but my mom was in the front window watching me.
  20. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry it was only your outlaws house.