1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Missed Forecast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by framer1901, Jan 23, 2014.

1. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Ok, the forecast was for 1-2 with 2-4 at the lakeshore, done by 9pm or so- the lakeshore got 10-12, still snowing at 3am, oh what a year.

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

A good ole fashioned sneaker....I bet they upped it halfway through the snowfall... see? we were right

3. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Nothing worse than that.

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

You bet they did and on the 6am news they said "the areas most accurate weather center" Lol

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

can you imagine what we would have got if they predicted 10+... an inch, two at the most.... Its been a tough season, and we are only a little over half way and no end in sight. I have given up on the weather guessers. Its up at 330 and run the route, maybe plow, maybe not. that is the hardest part of living where we live. Some of my accounts can have just a dusting and just a mile or two up the road, enough to plow and then some.

6. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I was kinda caught off guard with yesterday's snow fall too. I was out in my dump truck with the big tag trailer moving a Skytrak when the visibility dropped to about zero on U.S. 31. We measured 10.5" at Macatawa Legends. But only 5" by Lakeshore Drive and Riley street. Nice snow for plowing, but the blower really liked it.

7. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I am in Holland, we had 12" from the 1-4" storm.

8. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Hey Tyler.... where are you plowing these days? I saw you in the gold/tan Ford with the spreader the other day.

9. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Still at WS Mall, year #7 I think.
    Who are you, I don't know who everyone is on this site.

10. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Ben Tinholt used to be with my dad at Ottagan plumbing. Then I had Ben's Grading and Excavating for 6 years. Drove the yellow Kenworth. I have a partner now, Mike Nyland, he worked for Busschers septic for 17 years.
    Mike and I changed the name to Lakeshore Grading and Excavating. We just bought that blue Kenworth, and triple axle trailer from Mike Schaap Builders.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks!

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Never fear, we made up for it. 2" during the day and 2" at night turned out to be a half inch at the GRR and 2" give or take in Grandville\Jenison.

Today's foreguess isn't looking much better. Some winter storm we are having............not.

13. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

It's blowing pretty good here in Holland already. Probably 15-20 mph. Snowing too...

14. Mark Oomkes

It's blowing here too, pretty good gusts during the night, but nothing spectacular. Same wind speed.

15. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

sk187

How is the Tackuchi working out for you, are they a decent machine?

16. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Ahh ok, thought that might be you.
    Things seem to be picking up a bit with excavating work a little this past year.

17. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

P.M. me your number . Maybe we can get connected again.

18. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Its nice so far, have only used it for plowing snow.

Takeuchi wheeled SS's are just re-branded Terex's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the info

20. Mark Oomkes

And another one blown.

What did you guys get in Holland?