1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mirror question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nor'easter1, Dec 14, 2012.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

How do men. I have a 2008 f350 xlt gas extend cab truck. Back when I bought it in 08 I was so excited I forgot to notice that it had those tiny oval mirrors. One storm in I went after market and bought bigger oval ones with mirror on top and small on bottom. No flashing turn signal etc.. I was wondering if I wanted to switch to the larger square ones should I order the pair that has the heated mirror. If the truck came with power mirrors and my current after market work with the power is the heat element already built into the truck and just needs the right connection? Sorry if it sounds confusing any thoughts?

2. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

It may or may not......were the factory ones heated??

In 08' there is button to turn the heated mirrors on....if you do not have this button (cenetered) below the radio then it is likely you will not be able to heat mirrors, factory or aftermarket..

A VIN# check with a local Ford dealers parts dept. can verify..assuming the guy in the parts shop knows how to really use the computer in front of him...

I am betting that you will not be ale to heat mirrors without some extra$$ spent and some wiring/extra work..not gonna be a plug and play deal..

Good luck..

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

heated mirrors are very easy to hook up, even if the truck was not setup for them.
    it took me 3 hours to convert my 02 to heated mirrors. that was a complete install. running wires, mounting the switch, and changing the mirrors.