1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mirror needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wirenut, Mar 3, 2009.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

anyone have a drivers side power,heated ,with directional osrv mirrod for a 04 silverado
    mines gone realmad:

thanks

2. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

'04 silverado mirror

damaged mine back in Jan '09. Search Ebay and found one for $127.50 that included shipping. Took a month of looking to get a deal but beats $714.00 from chevy. Searches on ebay; silverado used / silverado mirror / silverado LH signal. good hunting

3. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

'04 silverado mirror

also if you need some advice on removing the door panel let me know. It's kinda tricky.

4. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

does the door panel have to come off ....i thought there was a separate plastic
    piece that came off and the screws were behind that....no..

5. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Another good source:

www.car-part.com

Seachable by region, and also cross-references on the fly (what model fits what model)

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have to remove the door panel in order to disconnect the wire leads for the mirror if your working alone. But, if you have a second set of hands you can have them reach behind the panel and just disconnect the mirror harness, no need to fully remove the door panel.

But a note for door panel removal on the '03-up trucks...do not attempt to remove the switch assembly from the door panel in order to disconnect the wiring from it (the window/lock switch wiring). There's a screw holding the switch panel in the door from behind and you will break the switch assembly if you attempt to pry it from the door panel. You have to remove the door panel from the door first, and then reach in and disconnect the wiring from the switches, thus allowing you to then fully remove the door panel if need be.

7. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

thanks for the info... now i have to find one...i refuse to pay 700.00 from the stealer...:realmad:

8. davink

davink Member

Is it the towing kind - power extendable - I might have one if so.

9. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

power fold,heat,blinker and autodim
    thanks tho

10. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I just ordered a brand new one off of ebay. Take a peek there.