1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mirror Lawn, anyone getting there checks??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by carolinamtnco, Feb 25, 2014.

1. carolinamtnco

carolinamtnco Junior Member

After several conversations in the pasted weed with Mirror Lawn, I under stand they will not be paying there contractors for services until they get paid from Lowes. Just checking to see if anyone else has heard any of this and are they holding there money and not send your checks out as well. I was told by a inside source that as of yesterday the contractor checks have been printed but are laying on the owners desk now for 2 weeks and they will not sign them.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'm sure lowes already paid them. That's just a line of bs. Laying on the owners desk is another line of bs. People actual believe they hand sign them? Lol

Never heard of mirror lawn.
  3. carolinamtnco

Mirror Lawn took Lowes over from when Brickman lost there contract last year, they are out of TN. This is the first year we have worked with these guys, so far they have paid there bills. But now they are 2 weeks late, so just asking if anyone else had any issue with them. Thanks for your input!!
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Well let's see now, another national and doing a quick search I come up with these threads:

2011 warnings are given about the said Mirror Lawn.

Another from 2011 stating Mirror randomly dropped their rates:

2010 with a cryptic warning:

2012 and them willing to pay an amazing $39.42\hour for a skid steer.

2011 with more statements about being late:

2010 stating how much a Lowe's was going for for an entire season:

Don't say you weren't\couldn't be warned. They are a national. Their MO is all the same.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

The best way to deal with late payers is to invoice consistently. The day an invoice is late apply a late fee and send it off. I have dealt with contractors that take 60 days to pay, on the 60th day they write the cheque and post it in the mail giving themselves another week. They get a notice on the 60th day usually by email, and I always get an earful from their accounts payable... If they are annoyed by it they should try being on my end.
    If things go south with a contract every charge counts when you have to go to court and you've upheld your end.
  6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Another reason to not work for a national company. I've never had problems getting paid by other contractors.
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Johnny on the spot with good stuff

I never heard of them either.
  8. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I can not understand this guy posting this slander. :rolleyes:

9. carolinamtnco

Thanks guys
  10. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Mirror Lawn is legendary! Hamada is the Owner and he is classic. They are to national snow plowing contracts what duct tape is to repairs. It will hold for a little while but eventually you will bring in a permanent solution.
  11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

That's funny..I'm gonna have to use that :waving: