1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mirror issues

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by racin84, Feb 3, 2009.

1. racin84

racin84 Junior Member
    from CT

Anybody have a secret formula for cleaning agents for glass. I can not find a product that keeps my outside mirrors usable. Have to stop and clean them at least every 15-20 minutes of plow time to keep them usable.

2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Heated mirrors!

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i have deicer in a small squeeze bottle and bottle of windshield wiper fluid in another. sits in the passenger feet area. i spray with de icer, then with the windshield fluid. clean.

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Great idea. Even that with a way-cool mini squeegee would be cool, too.

5. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

I agree with Burk.. I figured that out a few snow storms back when i had to take my ol lady down to the quad cities and went to use the wipers with spray and then she informed me that the washer pump has been out for a while and that she forgot to tell me....??? So i had to ride on other cars bumpers to get the spray from their car so i could clean off my windshield.... That got me through till i got to the nearest walmart and then i bought a spray bottle so i could squirt my own windshield so i could see... talk about redneck city. but anyway, thats when the lights came on with me.. I fixed her pump and put the spray bottles in my truck and ever since then Ive had the cleanest mirrors in the neighborhood! Two thumbs up in my book.

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

there nice in snow/ice but i find they bake the salt to the glass and are harder too keep clean than my non heated tow mirrors.

7. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

my wife put water in hers . I was out their with a hair dryer to fix that .

8. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

Great Idea Much better than using keys or a credit card.