1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mirror issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by racin84, Feb 3, 2009.

1. racin84

racin84 Junior Member
    from CT

Anybody have a secret formula for cleaning agents for glass. I can not find a product that keeps my outside mirrors usable. Have to stop and clean them at least every 15-20 minutes of plow time to keep them usable.
  2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

use rainx glass cleaner with the rainx in it
    comes in a yellow bottle it will clean them nice and also puts a coating of rainx on the surface
    hope that helps
  3. antanddom

antanddom Member

I use Prestone product I spray it on the night before and stay's clear for a while before I have to put it back on it's in a clear bottle and yellow product.I got it at the auto stores
    hope I can help
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take the mirrors off?:D
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad idea really. Get a set of heated mirrors. what year,type of truck are we talking about?
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

OH, hes talking about mirrors on his truck???

Thought maybe he had a "Pimpin" thing going on with the blade and had mirrors on it!
  7. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I always take some washer fluid(prestone)(with rain off-same as rain x) . I have it in a spray bottle and spray the mirrors and back glass...You cant keep the dirt off but helps with ice...