1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mirror Glass

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay I have the camper style tow mirrors on my truck. Busted the friggin glass on the driver's side today. Cant find this shyt anywhere aftermarket and dont really want to pay the dealer's price for it either. At that point, it would be cheaper to get another mirror. Anyone have anywhere to get them or order online?? My mirrors are this style:

silverado towing mirror L.jpg

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You could probably go to one of those car parts yard where they have junk cars and you can grab the parts.

3. elecblu

elecblu Member

i replaced a side mirror with an aftermarket unit. was wishing i'd have spent the extra to get an oem. the aftermarket would vibrate badly going down the road makeing it difficult to focus on something behind you.

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Just turn your body around!

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

AutoZone used to have the glass parts. I have not replaced on lately so I don't know if they still carry them.

7. tracerich

tracerich Member
    from Earth

Most auto glass replacement companies can replace the mirror glass only. If they can not get the exact replacement, they can cut a piece of mirror glass for it. You can buy the glass only from the dealerships also. If your looking to replace the entire unit, check www.car-part.com for used, or ebay perhaps as was mentioned. www.car-part.com is really slick....

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try Pull A part or Adelman's in Canton. They have trucks ready to strip. I was just at Pull A part today in Akron. They have a bunch of trucks and vans.