1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minuteman II on Dolly

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jrbalto, Nov 18, 2006.

1. jrbalto

jrbalto Junior Member
    from NY

I am considering building a dolly so that I can drop my Minuteman II on it, unhook, then roll the plow into the corner of my garage, then reverse the process when I need to mount the plow. Has anyone already done this? I would appreciate any suggestions.

2. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Do you mean "MinuteMount II" as in the Fisher plow or do you have an Intercontinental Ballistic missle?;) If it is a plow, a dolly is a great idea. You will need to use strong lumber ( fir or maybe even oak) and heavy duty casters, the more the better because of the weight of a Fisher plow.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

LMFAO!! If your building a cart for a ballistic missle you might need something a little stronger than wood! Might want to check your local army surplus outlet. Maybe they'll have something already pre-made. :D
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Plow Cart

I made one up from some old channel and angle iron I had kicking around.

It is "T" shape, I have a piece of 4" x 2.5" angle iron about 4 1/2' long and welded a piece of 5" channel about 4' long in a "T" like fashion, the angle iron supports the cutting edge / trip edge and the channel iron (U- up) allows the leg of the Minute Mount to sit inside the channel, I have three HD casters under the angle iron and one HD caster under the back end of the channel. I got the casters at home depot, cost me about $45.

The cart works very well, I built it for the same reason you did, when not using it I can roll it off to the side of my garage, out of the way.

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I've had mine on one of the standard carpet dollys that I've got lying around, but it doesn't stay on well. You either need to make 3 separate smaller dollys, one for underneath the jack stand and two for underneath the far ends of the blade; or you can build one large triangular shaped dolly that supports the same parts.
  7. danno

danno Senior Member

To build one, whatever you use to build it with, make sure the unit is ONE PIECE. When moving. sometimes the foot will slid in and out the other way, if the chain is loose.
  8. jrbalto

jrbalto Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks for dolly suggestions

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will build a one piece dolly for my ballistic missile. By the way, it is the one with the Fishstick launcher. Spellcheck doesn't catch everything!

9. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Of course spellcheck didn't catch it. Because you spelled Minuteman correctly. :D
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Umm.....Fishstick launcher? I don't even wanta know! :p