1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jaybirdie, Jan 14, 2003.

1. jaybirdie

jaybirdie Junior Member
    from east

I HAVE AN 6 YR OLD MINUTE MINUTE MOUNT ELEC/HYDR PLOW. THE ONLY THING THE PLOW WILL DO IS ANGLE RIGHT. COULD IT BE A VALVE STUCK OPEN IN THAT POSITION OR SOMETHING ELSE.

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

When was the last time you changed the fluid?

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

4. jaybirdie

jaybirdie Junior Member
    from east

I CHANGED THE FLUID YESTERDAY THINKING THAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM. AFTER I CHANGED THE FLUID IT WORKED FINE. THEN I PARKED IT OUTSIDE FOR A FEW HOURS AND IT WENT BACK TO DOING THE SAME THING.

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Jaybirdie,
    Welcome to Plowsite! Please stop SHOUTING at us. Some of us have bad ears & it really hurts sometimes ;) The troubleshooting guide posted should help you greatly. Good luck!

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Jaybirdie, I think yours is a series "A" MM. Judging by mine I got used, I suggest changing the hydraulic fluid again. I had the same thing happen. Drained and refilled. Still acting like you're saying. So I drained and refilled and getting better. There is also a screen you want to clean. Mine hadn't been changed either and when I drained it, it was brown and frothy. Wonder it worked at all. I think it's just a matter that I knocked the junk loose with the first refill, now need to clean out the system. You might also try flushing with kerosine. At the top of PlowSite is a link to Chuck
    Smith's site on how to do this, if you don't know already.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Still probably has some water in it. After it sits it freezes up. Change and flush until the fluid is clean. Should work fine. Water is the worst thing to have inside the pumps.

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

How do you get to that screen?i see it in the diagrams but there is no mention of how to get it out.

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

Take out the pump to get at the screen

10. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds like water in it.Drain and flush again,flush the angle cylinders too.

11. Plow Dak

Plow Dak Member
    from Maine

:) Mine was doing the same thing. The pump would sound like it was coming unglued. It happened after I had unhooked and rehooked a few days later. I have a 3 cable setup with the sol. pack on it's own. I traced it to a bad conector at that point. It was VERY cold out and I thought it might have been frozen also.
    I'm going to change the type of connector later this week. I used a heat gun to warm up the connector to hook up easier and it got a good enough connection at the pins to work.
    Hope this helps...
    :waving: