1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount springs

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Nov 29, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I am repainting a mm1 plow.I removed the springs from the plow to paint it.Now I am going to install them and I'm trying to figure out how to get them back in.The springs are still in the spring bar, just looking to see how to put them back in.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Are you talking about the trip edge springs?

3. chevyzrule810

yeah the trip edge springs

4. White Gardens

I just got done installing mine.

I put my plow up against the edge of the concrete drive and drove a pole into the ground right at the edge to hold the moldboard in place.

I then drove a steel post in the ground and attached my 2 ton come along to it. I then attached a chain coupler with the threaded nut into the hole in the top of the bar in the spring.

Took all but 15 minutes to install 4 of them. Only needed to move the post in to two different spots to get all four springs.

Springs.jpg

Springs.jpg

5. chevyzrule810

so you put the bolt into the bottom where it bolts to the moldboard then put a bolt in the top and stretch the spring?

6. White Gardens

No, I just used one of these to connect to the top of the spring, and then connected my winch to it.

[​IMG]

Then just cranked it down until I could install the bolt into the trip edge.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict