1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rel583, Jan 20, 2012.

1. rel583

rel583 Junior Member
    from 02338

plow will not go up wil lnot turn sideways left or right motor just spins ?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

the two times that has happened to me its been a problem with the control harness plugs. First time it happened on my 8' the ends were corroded and needed replacing, second time on my 8.5' they just needed to be moved and lubed up....this thread will probably get moved to the fisher forum just so you know in case you come here and dont see it.
  3. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

drain fluid out of pump housing, remove motor, remove pump, clean filter screen, remove the ice in the bottom of the tank. re install pump, motor,fluid. Should be go to go. Did it just this morning, at first account. That was after fallen branch got into oil filter of motor. We've been having that kinda luck. First "plowable" event, lost a tranny..band/bearing parted company.
  4. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

yeah check the connections real goood and if you can put a heater on it for a little while for a temp fix if there is ice in there, should get you through this storm....

Snowbankr: Hang in there it happens to the best of us, .
  5. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Thanks Terra, been at this gig since '75...been through so much, I sometime forget what I've been through. Good and bad, lean and fat, top of the barrel to bottom of the barrel..this is the most satisfying "job" I've had. Everyday, I see people headed to work and they don't look like they enjoy it. When I started, we had to get out of the truck to manually angle the plow. Boy how far we've come.