1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount plow won't move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by awhip, Nov 7, 2015.

1. awhip

awhip Member

Just bought another truck came with 9' Minute mount 2 i believe (it's a three plug) i don't know anything about fishers. I've checked wires/connections fixed one section in the blue wire (lift i believe), still nothing. Tested valves replaced one for left right that appeared to be sticking. Now the two valves that do side toside and down are magnetizing, the other(the big one) doesn't. Is that my problem? Tried a new valve it didn't work i think my next step is the solenoid i think (the black thing 630101c 3601) any help is appreciated thank you.

2. turbok1500z71

turbok1500z71 Junior Member

I had a issue two seasons ago where the ground on the power cable on the pump would break by the stud just enough to lose contact and not move the plow at all. if that is the problem a new eyelet connector should do the trick

3. awhip

awhip Member

Nice I'll check it that would be sweet

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is the motor working while your trying to move the plow?

5. awhip

awhip Member

Ya motor is working, lines have pressure

6. dieselss

Then, you need to test light the coils while operating the function.
    And as was said Ck the ground(s)

7. awhip

awhip Member

Have power to all. Put the solenoids on tester they all had 7-8 ohms resistance

8. dieselss

had power to all the coils at the same time?
    do you have ground to them as well?
    and you can run a separate power and ground and use jumper cables to the motor to eliminate wiring and controller

9. awhip

awhip Member

All coils have power when hiting the up button

10. awhip

awhip Member

Solenoids click when being jumped but the motor doesn't turn

11. awhip

awhip Member

Activated motor with controller and jumped coils from battery and it worked. get another controller?

12. dieselss

no, thats wrong

13. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Diesel is correct.Do you have access to another controller to see what that does rather then buy a new controller and that not fix it?

14. awhip

awhip Member

Yes i checked it with another controller, then checked it with another truck, still nothing. Finally last weekend, through process of elimination figured out it was the pump motor plug on the plow side harness, replaced the whole thing and it works great. It looked alright but my fisher guy said if you can see the wires between the plug and the hard plastic sheathing the wires could be broken inside. Thanks everyone for the help sorry i didn't write my solution earlier