1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount plow with insta act pump only moves to right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dyla518, Dec 6, 2010.

1. dyla518

dyla518 Junior Member

i have a fisher minute mount snow plow on a 2002 dodge ram 1500. i installed an insta act pump on it. no matter which way i move the joystick the plow will only moves to the right but not completely to the right. it seems to get jammed while moving to the right. i took the pump off and flushed everything out. when i put it back on it started making a clicking noise. we took the pump motor off and tried it directly to the battery and it turned over. i put the motor back in place and everything worked normally for a day. i then tried it again today and it is doing the same thing as before(only moving to the right). please help
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

3. dyla518

dyla518 Junior Member

i dont have an isolation module in my wiring harness. mine might be an older model?
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

iso md is for the lighting so it doesnt really matter, everything else for the pump is the same.

Sounds like a controller or wiring issue and not a pump issue!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

i had the same problem with an sehp pump and it was the cross over relief valve but first check and clean all cartridges
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  6. dyla518

dyla518 Junior Member

ok thanks i will check that. i brought it to my mechanic who does not work on plows but said he would look at it and he seems to think that the problem is the coils/solenoids on the valves. i got it to work again but i dont want it to start happening during a storm.