1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount plow fit minute mount 2 receiver- transport only?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tfsiii, Sep 19, 2010.

1. tfsiii

tfsiii Junior Member
    from NH

Need to reansport an older minnute mount plow (belt driven hydraulic) Can I use the mount /receivers on my Silverado, with the Minute mount 2 system? Again, this is just for moving plow , not fur use. Thanks -

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, as long as they are the same "size" frames. Your plates should be 29 1/8".

Once the plow is mounted, you can jack up the blade and short chain it.

Just don't try this at night, no lights.

3. tfsiii

tfsiii Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks for the reply. I measured my silverado, and the distance is 29 1/8 " as you noted. I measured the old f350 frame that this plow we want to move was on, and that seems to be just under 1/2 " more. The f350 is a going to be a parts truck, so we cannot use that truck .thanks again for the response.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

That measurement will still work,in a perfect world it should be 29 1/8 +or- an1/8,i've seen way further off and still working though.

5. thatlittleguy?

thatlittleguy? Member

the question was posted on my behalf, thanks for the replies. It worked fine, but the 8 foot HD plow was def. too much for the half ton chevy truck. Got the plow home fine though.