1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount on 98 TJ

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by gordo9742000, Oct 17, 2011.

1. gordo9742000

gordo9742000 Junior Member
    from mass

Hello all. This site is full of info and I have been reading a ton of it. Looking to install a Fisher minute mount 7 foot plow on my 98 TJ. I have the push plates off of another truck and I am looking to install them on the Jeep. I realize it will involve some fab work. I am not afraid of that. Looking at the pictures of the push plates on the fisher website it looks like there are only two bolts that attach the push plates to the frame and those are not even through bolted. Its just two bolts with nuts attached to one side of the frame. There are also two bolts that attach it to the bumper. Has anybody had any problems with the bolts tearing out of the frame? I was thinking about through bolts with sleeve inside the frame.I know smarter people than me designed it the way fisher has it but just doesnt seem strong enough. Just looking for feedback on how the mounts hold up.

Thanks Jim

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

With a 7' plow if use are hard on it you will rip the bolts out of the frame. I welded a tube through the frame and through bolt it. I also mad a bracket that goes from the lower bumper mount hole the the upper mount hole.

Picks to come

3. gordo9742000

gordo9742000 Junior Member
    from mass

Pics would be awesome. That way I could get someone else's perspective on it. I have a habit of over building plow frames and normally weight isn't an issue but on this one I want to keep it down and still be strong.

Thanks Jim

4. Night_Sailor

Night_Sailor Junior Member

I'd like to see some pictures also. I am debating buying a Jeep for plowing.