1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount & Minute Mount 2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PeteB4, Nov 4, 2006.

1. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

I have an 8' Minute Mount Plow. I am going to look at a '96 Dodge 3/4 ton truck tomorrow. The guy said it has Push plates for a Minute Mount 2 and about 80% of the wiring. Would my Minute Mount work with the setup? Or will I need to get new push plates and wiring?

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

80% sure the push plates will work, Wiring not sure, some mm1 near the end were three plug setup to match the mm2.

3. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Minute Mount 1 & 2 use the same vehicle frame, so you shouldn't have a problem so long as the plow and truck have the same number of plugs at the grill.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Early Minute Mount 1's typically had the Sephi Electric System which was a two plug system, the last of the MM 1's & MM 2's utilize the Insta-Act Electric system which is a three plug system.

Botom Iron should be the same between both Minute Mounts

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yep, all the mounts for MM1 and MM2 plows are the same. Chances are, your wiring is different. Only the last of the MM1 systems utilized INSTA-ACT hydraulics. Do you have a three plug system with an isolation module, or do you have a 2 plug?

6. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

I have the MM1 with the Insta-Act Hydraulics. It has the 3 plugs. Sounds like I'm good to go!! I will be looking at the truck later tonight...before the Pats game, of course! Thanks for the replies everyone!

7. Antnee77

from RI

That truck will mount right up to and will plug into your plow. I have done this a million times before. You should be good to go. Post pics of the truck if you end up buying it!

You going to be at the Pats game? I will

8. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I don't want to start anything here, BUT My New York Jets Are going to Kick the patriots Ass' Next Week...wesport

9. nichols

nichols Member

I will be at the game next week - I'll be sure to let the Jets know you said that as they're walking off the field after their loss. :dizzy:

;)

10. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You can make an older two plug work by seitching the headlights and plowside harness to a three plug, it will match up. I suppose you could do the reverse as well to go to an two plug with a new plow if you could find the harness.

Of course if you wanted to use your own light and plow control plug you could do it as well. The wires controlling have not changed unless the truck was wired for a v-plow.

Now the new V, I guess uses a signal wire system. I have yet to do one but have it on my schedule for next week.

11. Antnee77

from RI

I'll be there next week, too. That should be an easy win for us.

12. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Yeaaaaaa you guys are proably right...:cry: :realmad:..... BUT If the Jets pull out a Win Theres going to be a lot of ...:yow!: :drinkup: At my house!