Snow Plowing Forum banner

Minute Mount I threads stripped........what do i do now? with diagram

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  FordFisherman 
#1 ·
I was using our f250 with a MM1 plow this past storm and just finished pushing back a pile of snow when I noticed I couldn't control the plow. I saw fluid on the ground, got out of the truck and figured I just broke a hose. I went home to grab a spare and realized that I lost all of my fluid through the bottom of the reservoir where it mounts to the frame and that my hoses were fine. I have had a problem before with one of these bolts coming loose and all I have done is replaced the bolts with the same size bolt and lock washers. My local fisher parts dealer has never heard of these bolts coming out. The problem now is that the threads on the reservoir have been stripped. I would like to make a lasting repair to the unit but i do not know exactly how i should do it, re tap..., helicoil of some sort etc. Anyone had problems with these bolts? or stripped the unit?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.