1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount I threads stripped........what do i do now? with diagram

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nswc101, Dec 12, 2009.

1. nswc101

nswc101 Junior Member

I was using our f250 with a MM1 plow this past storm and just finished pushing back a pile of snow when I noticed I couldn't control the plow. I saw fluid on the ground, got out of the truck and figured I just broke a hose. I went home to grab a spare and realized that I lost all of my fluid through the bottom of the reservoir where it mounts to the frame and that my hoses were fine. I have had a problem before with one of these bolts coming loose and all I have done is replaced the bolts with the same size bolt and lock washers. My local fisher parts dealer has never heard of these bolts coming out. The problem now is that the threads on the reservoir have been stripped. I would like to make a lasting repair to the unit but i do not know exactly how i should do it, re tap..., helicoil of some sort etc. Anyone had problems with these bolts? or stripped the unit?

[​IMG]

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Not sure if I understand correctly? Can you post a pic of the plow?

3. FordFisherman

from 06611

I just looked at mine and I see what your talking about. Never realized those bolts went into the reservoir? You could tap it and use a larger diameter bolt with some thread sealant. Are you sure the reservoir isn't cracked? Never heard of a leak there either.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

classic base lug bolt broken. try a helicoil first. if not drill and tap to 7/16. be carefull.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Pretty sure thats aluminum...Good luck.

6. FordFisherman

from 06611

I've heard that the lugs are prone to breaking; never heard of a fluid leak from there.