1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount I Collapses Under Heavy Push

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sonnyny, Feb 14, 2008.

1. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

Had some very heavy wet cement drop recently. I push with a minute mount I, 8 foot. When I angle straight or to the right with a full pile in front of me the left cylinder collapses.I noticed some fluid had come out of top of the square shaped part next to the pump. It's the part that the angle cylinder hoses connect to.The fluid looks like it came from what I think is called a cartridge. It has a small round head that unscrews with a small allen key. I heard it could just be a blown o ring on the cartridge? I want to pull the cartridge out but have no experience with these things. Anybody got some mechanical advice for me?

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have an answer for you, but it's sounding just like the issue I've been having (progressively worse with time) lately where the pistons won't hold the angle in either direction. I have to read troubleshooting ideas and/or call the dealer about it. Good luck -- I'll let you know what I find out in case yours is the same situation
  3. Capital Land

Capital Land Junior Member

It sounds like the unit is having an issue holding pressure . possible not enough fluid and or bad seals