1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount Grounding Problem ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PAGE2004, Sep 25, 2006.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

LETS START WITH A REAL STUPID QUESTION :

Two wires come off of the minute mount electric motor and go to my battery .
    One wire is black w/ red stripe ( hot im assuming )
    One is all Black ( Ground Im assuming)

BOTH wires are connected to the hot side of the battery.
    I had my engine pulled recently and maybe the mechanic reconnected these wrong because nothing works and my plow lights come on when I connect both plugs from the headgear to my grill sockets.

I do not like this electrical set up - always needs fixing.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not to clean from what you wrote but.

This a minture Mount two?

I am not sure, but for our monute mount 1 you have ground off the pump, which goes to the battery ground. But the positive off the pump goes to a relay, which then goes to postive on battery. And as for lights, I'm fairly sure they are not interconnected the to pump grounding, or power. so they would work even if pump wiring was wrong.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The ground on the hot side will mess with the headlights (backfeed). Dont know what harness sytem you are running but if your running the relay type the orange/black wire also needs to go to ground side of battery also.

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

There should be a red wire from the + post of the battery to the plow soleniod, and a wire from the solenoid to the plow motor (usually red thru the plug) It would go to the insulated post on the starter motor (stud usually towards the top of the motor). There should also be a black wire from the - battery post to the plug and to the motor body, it is usually a bolt towards the bottom of the motor. The solenoid could be located anywhere, usually close to the battery, as every installer has a favorite place to mount them. You can also check out Fisher's website and the mechanics guide for your plow for a wiring diagram.

Bill

5. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Heres the deal -

Had my engine removed recently and for some reason , my mechanic connected BOTH the black and the black/red cable to the positive side of the battery.

Anyway , seems fine now .

Thanks for the help - AGAIN .