1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount conversion help needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sjones, Nov 28, 2009.

1. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Was given a MM plow off a 95 dodge, want to put on 03 gmc besides the push plates i was told the wiring harness will not work for the lights. Something like the newer trucks dont adapt to older style MM plows. Do i just need to buy a newer harness, or is there a conversion kit or am i just screwed?
  2. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

I just put a mm1 on a 97 f 250, I just purchased a light harness for the correct lens type that connects to the sehp wiring harness. It works just like my 07 gmc with minute mount 2 and the fancy computer box. By the way it was a 1996 wiring harness for the plow.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have to either swap it all (truck and plow both) to the 12 pin relay system if it isn't already or switch to the Isolation system. One is less expensive than the other buy neither is inexpensive.