1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jandmlandscaping, Oct 29, 2001.

1. jandmlandscaping

jandmlandscaping Junior Member

I had a minute mount 2 installed on saturday!
    my dealer didn't even know they existed.
    i helped the mechanic install the plow.
    he did the truck i assembled the plow.
    took me 1 1/2 hours to assemble the plow.
    fisher has done some major improvements.
    since my last fisher plow 3 years ago.
    it better be for $3900
    i got the 8 footer for my 2001 f350 psd
    i think im going to have a good winter with this new plow and 3 out of 4 tires actualy pushing the truck compared to 1 front and 1 rear on my old 98 k2500 (not a bad truck) but could have been better
    maybe i'll plow 75 driveways this year i handled 65 last year solo

snow in november???
    we'll see
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Good luck with your MM2, jandmlandscaping. From what I've seen of it, it should do well. A lot of dealers and most plow operators don't know about the it or the new v-box. Fisher isn't advertising either and is offering them on a very limited basis. From what I understand, that's because they don't have equipment tooled to manufacture in large quantities. Next year...
  3. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I've seen 3 of them on the chevy dealer's lot. $3900 sounds a bit high for a straight blade though... The 8.5 Fisher V-Plow I'm getting was only $3800 installed.
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I will not have one until next year most likely. I am looking for a new truck but will likely put the Diamond that I have sitting here on it. I have seen a few so far and they look great. That price does seem high but a lot depends on location and competition in the area.
  5. jlmac

jlmac Junior Member
    from Maine

Just priced out a fisher 8 1/2 V installed at $4100.00. Very high... Traveling to New Hampshire soon to pick up 2 of them for $3500 each no sales tax, I install. Great plow, IMHO.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Jlmac, are buying from Donovan?
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

from the dealers ive talked to, each dealer is only getting 10 mm2's this year, and yes they arent advertising them. i decided to go with a new regular minute mount. decided to go with a proven winner. i wasnt keen on trying out a new product with possible flaws. good luck with your new plow. with a fisher, you prolly wont have any flaws at all anyway.
  8. jlmac

jlmac Junior Member
    from Maine

JD PLOWER, am buying from SNOWPLOW SALES INC. (603)352-6855. Another 1 week wait, they sell fast. Talk to Gary.