1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 2

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by taylor&olivia, Nov 20, 2010.

1. taylor&olivia

taylor&olivia Junior Member

I am installing a fisher MC 10' on a 2002 4700 int 2wd all new parts . I can not get the mount kit to bolt up with out doing major cutting on it . The kit is #7172 . also the thrust arms are hitting the leaf springs before the frame. I have mounted many of plows am i missing some thing here ?

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

What is the GVW of the truck? The kit you have has a note on it that it's only good up to 27500 GVW. If your truck is above that that could be your issue.

3. taylor&olivia

big dog
    the truck gvwr is 25500 front ax is 9000lb

4. equip guy

equip guy Member

Is it one of those low pro models?

5. taylor&olivia

plow mount

No it is not low pro. I got tired of messing with it I had fisher involved and they did not know now they are looking at this to see why. So I install it on a 05 f650 mounted with no problems.I had sent fisher photos of the problems so they can fix . Thanks for the input

6. equip guy

equip guy Member

I mounted one to a 650 about 4 yrs ago and it was one of the easiest installs I have ever done. It works real well too say the customer. Good luck with yours