1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount 2 vent

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fishinRI13, Apr 1, 2012.

1. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

the minute mount 2s are different from the 1's in that they have the new vent. i plow 2 hours from my house where i go to school and bring it to and from in the back of my truck, makes it easier on the ride. but this is my first year with a MM2 and i noticed it has a vent that leaked all the hydrolic fluid out when i brought it up here because i lay it over. is there something i can do that will keep it from all leaking out when i bring it back home? anything to put on the vent or something?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plug the breather hole with a pipe plug. Stop by the local hardware store, pick up a pipe plug and replace the breather with it for the trip. Just don't forget to re-install the breather before you use it again.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Should be 3/8 pipe thread. A little teflon tape will keep it from weeping without worrying about threading it in too tight and cracking the housing.