1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 2 plug truck, 3 plug plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ChevyPlow123, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ChevyPlow123

ChevyPlow123 Junior Member

Hey guys new to the forum, I recently picked up a k3500 truck to plow this season and got an 8 foot minute mount for cheap aswell. The truck was already wired for a minute mount, but only has a 9 pin. It doesnt have an isolation module, but relay wiring instead. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to use my 12 pin plow with the truck. Looking for the simplest solution. Any help would be great

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Simplest would be to replace truck wiring. Truck side can be found used for around $300-500.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't the simplest be to replace the plowside? only thinking this b/c no iso and no new controller.

Philbilly2 likes this.
  4. kimber750

I hate old relay wiring.

5. dieselss

Ah 2 relay ain't that bad

Philbilly2 likes this.
  6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

It's fun playing with old stuff. Ya can't say that they were hard to repair.

7. ChevyPlow123

I was thinking the plow side would end up being simpler, but I am having problems finding a proper schematic and correct harness to wire it up. I am a certified ford technician, so wiring it up shouldnt be an issue, just trying to figure out what I need to do

8. Randall Ave

Just get a 9 pin plow side harness. Easy peasy. Fisher site will have any info you need.

9. ChevyPlow123

I was thinking of maybe getting a 9 pin repair plug, pretty much a pigtail, and just cutting the extra plug with the tree control wires off the plow, I should then be able to match up the corresponding pins to the new plug right?

10. Randall Ave

Anything can be accomplished if you have the knowledge, and capabilities. But I would just go for a new harness. I keep both in stock. Complete harnesses and repair kits.

11. ChevyPlow123

How much would such a harness cost?

12. Randall Ave

Don't no, I'm home and the wifes burning dinner. Go to a site like plow parts direct and look it up.

13. ChevyPlow123

Sounds like a typical Thursday night! I found one for 125$, definitely seems like my simplest solution. Rewire plow to match existing set up on the truck. Thank you all for your input will post my results !

14. dieselss

Make sure you get the wiring diagrams. You can always get western parts and use there wiring diagrams.....I personally find there site easier then fishers

15. ChevyPlow123

Everything is back to working, picked up a repair 9 pin harness for the plow side, used the western diagrams, thank you dieselss they are much better and mated the corresponding cicuits. Works just perfect!

16. dieselss

Good deal......

17. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I am the opposition to this comment. I love old relay wiring. Very simple to fix as long as you understand the wiring diagrams. :confused:

18. kimber750

You do know the purpose of the newer iso module is to protect the sensitive computer controlled wiring of today's vehicles. Maybe you should pull your fuel injection off and put a carb back on. We all know how much fun they are in cold weather but at least they are simple to work on.

19. ChevyPlow123

I have a hard time understanding how a carburetor is going to help my diesel engine run any better!

20. kimber750

Why do you think that was directed at you?