1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount 2. Nothing happens

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ram150c, Dec 6, 2009.

1. ram150c

ram150c Junior Member
    from 01826

Hello,
    I just bought a plow for my truck that i have had for a while. The truck was setup for an EZ V plow.
    I bought the fish stick along with the adaptor for a straight blade. I am using an 8.5 ft minute mount 2 straight blade. I know the plow that i am using works as i saw it work on a different truck yesterday.I press i hear a click in the fish stick and it shuts off...
    Any thoughts on what this could be before i take my truck to a fisher dealer?
    :confused:

2. I saw on one of these threads some gotten a fish stick they had to hook up wrong. The color code was not right. Had to gert the color code chart for both wiring system Fish stick wiring & plow wiring. left to left may have a different color. right angle to right angle may have a different color. Left angle to Left angle may have a different color. The color was not the same on both.

3. AGMI

AGMI Member
    from NE Mass

Its the selenoid under the hood. You should be able to pick one up for $25 and you can hook it up yourself very easily! I would buy 2. I always keep one extra in all my trucks. Seems that everytime one of my fishers is acting up changing this part fixes it. Did one last night at 5 am.

4. ram150c

ram150c Junior Member
    from 01826

OK I replaced the solenoid...
    It worked for a couple hours and now i am back to square one.
    Could i have gotten a faulty one or is something causing these things to fail...
    I should have taken your advice and bought two :(

5. AGMI

AGMI Member
    from NE Mass

Did you buy a fisher product or the other brand? We used to use the other brand (came in a white and blue pkg) and they would break 3x per season. We started paying a little more and using the fisher brand product and they last about a year. The other brand seems to be under engineered.

6. Wildman_fab

Wildman_fab Junior Member

Yes you could have gotten a faulty one, also check your grounds. You may have shorted it if there is a ground loose youll have all sorts of weird problems.