1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 2 maintenance

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vfig, Oct 18, 2011.

1. vfig

vfig Junior Member

I just purchased a 2009 Minute mount 2 and was wondering if there are any instructions or videos on how to perform maintenance on the plow. The local fisher store offers this service for $200 but I would rather learn how to do it myself. The plow is two years old and purchased it from someone who used it on 3 driveways each year (we about 10 snow days for each year).
    Thanks

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

• Clean and tighten all electrical connections and
    coat with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.

• Check hydraulic system for leaks and cracked or
    damaged hoses.

• Drain hydraulic system and refill with recommended
    hydraulic fluid.

• Check all mounting points and tighten fasteners.

• Be sure lift ram is collapsed so the rod is not
    exposed.

• Coat angle ram rods with general purpose
    grease.

• Lubricate all pivot points

3. chevyzrule810

4. renorescue

renorescue Junior Member

what's the deal with these plows not having grease nipples?
    just bought a brand new extreme v (mild steel) and not a single nipple on the whole thing. would be nice to get some grease into the main pivot rod and all of the other points. Should I drill and tap my own or what?

5. chevyzrule810

I squirt some white lithium grease on all my pivot points on my plow.And I know what you mean it would make it much easier.

6. renorescue

renorescue Junior Member

ok i'll do that and I know that it will work it's way in but the problem is that you're not pushing the dirty old grease out like with a nipple. But I guess these plows are designed to last.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

WD40 just came out with a new white lithium grease spray can...Easy cheesy!

As far as the center pin, they're doing you a favor, and I'll tell you why; frequent inspection (annually anyway). If your center pin becomes bent, it will be a b!tch to take out, the longer it's in there, the more bent it gets...the worse it is. If you remove it to grease it every now and again, you can catch it, and replace it when it's a minor issue. The pin itself is $25 bucks, and it's easy to take out and put back in if you have a floor jack.

As far as the rest of the pins..why bother; it's a plow. You would be replacing the niples every year due to the weather we use them in.

8. renorescue

renorescue Junior Member

Good point. When I put the centre pin in I had a hell of a time. Where do you put the floor jack to make it easier?

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The key is small adjustments, over do it, and you're better off not moving it to begin with.

If you have two guys, just use one guy lifting up on a wing...I personally use my Snap On pry bars, you can wedge one under on one side, and grab another one to tweak the other side as needed.

If your solo, look at the wings, typically there is one that sits slightly lower, put the jack under the T frame on that side, and give it a small bump...theoretically, the holes should all line up, and it should just slide out..eye ball it, more then man handle it, and you'll get the hang of it quickly...it's not always a matter of up & down either, sometimes you need to just tug, or push on a wing slightly....