1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount 2 low beam issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Chevy5588, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Chevy5588

Chevy5588 Junior Member
    from Maine

2011 Silverado. MM2 low beams not working but highs do. Any thought to trouble shoot?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a new install? Check the orientation of the common wires in the plugs where the plug-in harness plugs into the truck's harness.

3. Chevy5588

Chevy5588 Junior Member
    from Maine

I swapped it from my 08 silverado to my 2011. When you say orientation do you want me to be sure the plug isn't connected backwards? Do you know what pin on the plug should have voltage for low beams?
    Thanks!

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

CI is talking the A/B plugs on light harness. They can be hooked up on either side. Need to check that you have the common on the correct side.

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

At each plug for both the high and low beams, the wire in the socket, on the plug-in harness, labeled "COM" should orient with the black wire on the male plug from the truck harness.

6. Chevy5588

Chevy5588 Junior Member
    from Maine

I have confirmed the black wire does connect to the common wire.

7. Chevy5588

Chevy5588 Junior Member
    from Maine

I found the issue. The common wire on the drivers side high beam was backwards. All good! Thanks for the recommendations.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Thumbs Up........