1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount 2 lift trangle peice wearing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robber80, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

The guy i plow for has a X blade that is a couple years old. its an 8 footer. he's gone though 3 off those lift triangle things because the part that holds the chain is wearing though right where it connects to the trangle peice. The trangle piece i'm talking about is teh peice that the lift cylinder moves up and down, and the chain is attached to. the part that is wearing though is the peice hanging from the traingle peice that holds the chain. He's actually gone though 3 of them and he doesn't plow for his only buisness.

I have a minute mount 2 9 foot HD straing blade and it was used last year and this year. mine doesn't have much wear at all. He just had the trangle peice replaced last weak, and he alread has more wear than mine. mine is the same one since the plow was new.

the only difference i can see is the little cable that has the spring attached to it, the peice that pulls teh trangle and lift cylinder all the way down when you push float on the control... his is hooked up, and mine is not.

need some info if you guys can help. thank you.
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

:confused: I duno.....I will have to check mine. Dont see how the cable can make a difference. Does he drop his blade or carry it all season? Might try to lube the heck outa that spot.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The cable is only to drop tha a frame down all the way collapsed- no effect.
    I have no idea How he could wear them out- my MM1 has the original from 96 and has some wear, but not anyway near being worn through- my Speedcast's hook is finally worn almost through after almost 20 years!
  4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I think I can see where this would wear down, but not as much as you say it is. Does your friend have his chain adjusted properly? If it's not, then when hit gets to a dip in the road the chain will basically lift the blade up instead of following the contour of the road. Sort of like using your plow all the time in the down position without having float.

Also, and this is just a shot in the dark, is his pump picking the blade up too fast? If it is when the slack is taken out of the chain and it lifts the blade an excessive force on that pivot point could "egg" the chain attachment point.

Good luck