1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount 2 headlight issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chris694205, Nov 26, 2014.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

Hello all

Having some issues on my plow swap. I took my straight blade off my 03 2500hd and installed it on my 97k2500.

Bought new headlight harnesses and a white label ISO module as told to by fisher dealer. Hooked it all up and having some weird issues. When plow isn't hooked up, both drivers side low and high beam are on (no matter what posiition high low beam switch). Passenger side only has low beam on. High beam indicator stays on at all times on the dash

Plow works great and the plow lights will come on when to hooked to plow.

Any thoughts..?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try to flip the plow headlight connector at the trk light from A to B or B to A and see if that works

3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

u need to see if ur control harness has a configuration plug this would be a sm red luped wire right next to the 2 fuse holders on the #1 control harness about a foot down from where it plugs into port 1 of the 4 port module Since u didn't need one on the 03 im guessing u don't have one the socket either has a dust plug in it or is open

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If you've got a white label module, it must be a four port setup, in which case flipping the orientation of the plug in connectors is not relevant. If you've got a three port module, and it's got a white label, then you've got the wrong module... for starters anyway.

Give us a little more info. Three or four port module? The part numbers off the the plug in harnesses? New stuff or used?

5. chris694205

I tried switching the headlight connectors with no luck.

I will look to see if it has the red wire.

Thanks

6. chris694205

It's all used. 4 port module with white label (26400 I believe)
    The person at my local fisher dealership said white label so I assume it's correct

Headlight harness is 26361 and 26360

7. cubicinches

Wrong harnesses

8. cubicinches

They can be re-pinned to make them work, however.

9. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

u can re pin the headlight harnesses or the correct ones u need are 26351 and 26352 AND a configuraton plug

10. chris694205

Figures, the fisher dealer also recommended that.

How do you go about re pinning the existing harness?

11. cubicinches

I may have the correct ones, or could help you re-pin them. Where are you in CNY?

12. cubicinches

PM me if you want.

13. chris694205

I'm in morrisville about 30 mins east of syracuse

14. cubicinches

Check this thread out:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=99896

You have 26360 & 26361.You need to relocate a couple of the pins like a 26351 & 26352 as described in that thread. Then you'll need a configuration plug in your control harness, configured for negative common.

15. chris694205

The link won't pull up on the western website. Are you familiar with exactly which wires need switching.?

16. cubicinches

17. cubicinches

18. chris694205

Awesome. I'll get after this in the morning. Thanks a bunch

19. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Whoever your Fisher dealer is dump him and find a new one, the 2003 set up would have worked fine in the 97 truck.

20. cubicinches

Pretty much. The harnesses from the 2003 were the correct ones. He still would've needed the configuration plug. And technically, the '97 requires the 26400 white label module. The 2003 would've had a 27781 green label.