1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount 2: friction jack upgrade?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ssnh, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ssnh

ssnh Junior Member
    from nh

i have a mm2 with the friction jack. the jack has become almost useless; i use pieces of wood with varying heights to set my jack height.

is there an upgrade for the friction jack? is there a fix to make the jack hold better? i don't want to lose a finger. :)

thanks for the help.
  2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Really? I haven't noticed any issues w/ mine.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Stop dropping the plow on grass or dirt, It won't sink if you leave it on pavement. If you have to drop it on Mother earth. Try building a small platform so the jack hit solid surface. Then all you have to do is tip your plow forward if it sank a little
  4. ssnh

ssnh Junior Member
    from nh

the friction jack isn't sinking into the ground. the jack cannot hold any weight unless it is all the way in the up position.

also, it cannot stay in the up position under it's own friction. i have a loop of rope around the handle to hold it up while plowing.
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Post a picture, I would bet that your missing the handle that slides a pin into one of the holes on the post of the jack.

Number 11 is the jack lock

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  6. ssnh

ssnh Junior Member
    from nh

the friction jack was discontinued 10/2001; your picture does not depict the friction jack.

see page 13 of the manual from fisher - http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/26982_080101.pdf
  7. ssnh

ssnh Junior Member
    from nh

bump for a diagram of the friction jack:
  8. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Have you tried calling the tech guys at Fisher? The friction Jack was replaced with the pin type which is similar to the one used on the MM1.

9. ssnh

ssnh Junior Member
    from nh

haven't called fisher... figured i would check here first. by 'replaced' do you mean it is a bolt on replacement? :) i know the friction jack was discontinued in 10/2001, probably because of the problems i have with it.

i'll call fisher today and report back.
  10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't realize the MM2 came with that setup, I've only had an MM2 and mine is like what I posted. Got my plow 4 winters ago.

I can't stress enough talking with Fisher directly, They can be very helpful.
  11. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

PARTS NEEDED To Repair

What you have is the first MM2 plow that Fisher made on a limited build in 2001. We have seen the same situation before. This can be repaired by doing the following.
    Replace the Jack Lock. The Jack lock part # 26827 wear's to a smooth edge and is not able to bite into the jack leg in order to hold the weight of the headgear.
    The jack is not staying in the raise position because the Cylinder Cam lock was made of plastic and most likely is broken, Replace the Cylinder Cam Lock KIT # 27165K, the replacement is made of plastic but has a metal protector on the tab. These units also need to be kept cleaned any rust on the jack leg will cause the unit to drop.
  12. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

This is the indexed jack stand. This is the newer design for MM2's.