1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount 1, wont float?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dcraig, Nov 14, 2014.

1. dcraig

dcraig Junior Member
    from *

Hi everyone,

So I am fairly new to plowing, and new to the site. I picked up a truck with a 7.5" fisher minute mount 1 (SEHP) already hooked up. The plow goes up, down and side to side without a problem, but it will not float. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, I am thinking it is probably electrical since everything else seems to be working? how would you approach diagnosing this? I need to get the plow off to get some work done on the truck, but I cant get the lift arm to go all the way down without the float.. If I take the plow off without the lift arm all the way down, how much misery am i looking at to get it back on? its about 2 inches from being all the way down. any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What controller? Are you getting the float light if it's got one?
    Are you pushing dwn on the ram as well?

3. dcraig

dcraig Junior Member
    from *

It's a joystick controller. The Little grey box one.The light doesn't change from red at any point while holding it down to float. I am pushing down on the ram, it budged a little.. Unless you mean simultaneously while someone else presses the joystick down. Now I'm overthinking it

4. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

i hate when that happens

5. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

You should not need another person to press the joystick down. Are you trying to push it down with the truck off? If so it wont work

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

How fast does your plow drop? Quill may be set to tight for you to push lift ram down by hand.

7. dcraig

dcraig Junior Member
    from *

the plow was set to drop really fast. I gave the quill a few turns so its a bit slower now. I was finally able to push the ram down by hand but it took a lot of leverage wesport. Does that mean the float is actually working, or would I be able to push the lift arm down with enough effort even if it was not in float? eh im new. thxx

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If you can push it down by hand,,,yes your float is working. Yes it can take some effort.