1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 1 SEHP Angling Issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PAGE2004, Feb 26, 2013.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Alot of threads here with MM1 angling issues. Been reading them and trying to determine my best fix.

MM1 SEHP with 2 plugs (pass. side two post driver side 9 pin) with in cab joystick not handheld

Lifts fine
    Lowers fine

Angle left - the pump is trying but nothing happens. If I keep the joystick on the left angle , the plow will angle but at a snails pace very very very slow and the pump screeches.

Angle right - the pump tries but nothing. Same as above If I hold the right angle it will eventually after a minute or two angle slowly .

Fluid is clean
    Strainer is clean

Removed the 9 pin plug tried angling left and right and the motor DID run. Ran a jump wire from positive stud on motor to the light blue wire positive on S3 coil and the plow did not angle.(pump worked though)

I pulled all 3 valves.
    Noticed S1 and S2 have a flat valve end (which enters the manifold) that can be pushed in and springs back but the S3 valve end was just a hole that I stuck a screwdriver down to push valve in and it springs back like the others.
    Is the S3 valve different from the other two (manifold end) or is mine damaged ??

Any help will be welcomed !!

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check for binding in the plow, damage to angle rams or overtightened gland nut on rams.

3. kimber750

You need the S2 energized to go right, S2 and S3 energized to go left. Missed the first time I read your post.

4. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Is it common for the gland nut on the rams to tighten by themselves ?
    The unit has been working flawlessly all winter. Until now.

5. kimber750

No, but is common for people to over tighten them. Some seepage is normal and required to keep packing from drying out. Some see the seepage and tighten the nut to eliminate the seepage causing packing to dry out and cause binding.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Hotwire the s2 then operate the plow,,,if its the same result I would suspect the valves are bad. Not uncommon for them to go bad
    Unless you messed with the nuts,,,,they don't move
    I might argue the seepage comment if it comes to it...ill just say no leakage whatsoever is acceptable

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  7. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

I ordered some parts , and will drop back with my results next week .

8. dieselss

What did you order??
    Did you do any tests?

9. kimber750

10. dieselss

Yes not saying that this isn't correct. Define plow not used for a period of time?? That can be taken so many differnt ways
    If fluid can get out,,,foreign objects can get in....proven fact.
    Me personally,, if anything drips it seeps or leaves a spot,,,its getting replaced period. I have talked with may a hydro shop,,,,,if it seeps etc.....fix it

11. kimber750

Just seen plows come thru local shop that wont angle due to owners cranking down gland nuts because the saw some fluid seeping out. Some even try to compensate for worn out out packing by tightening the gland nut. Not trying say this is OP's problem, just something to check. Back off the off the gland nuts a half turn and if angles you know where your problem is, simple.

12. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

SOLVED

Plow side 9 pin plug connector.

Searched for bad grounds,broken wires etc .. nothing discovered.
    Ended up just changing the plug cuz I had it and plow lifts,angles just as it should now.

FYI: All valves and electrical turned out good prior to the plug repair.

13. dieselss

Well good. Glad its up and running.