1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 1 Pump Issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PerfectProperty, Jan 24, 2012.

1. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

Hey guys,

Ok im kinda stumped on this one. I have a 7.5 minute mount 1. Today I noticed a small drip from under the pump. I took the bottom mount off the pump to find a pinched O ring. I installed a new O ring and now the damn thing wont operate in any direction. I pulled the motor, pulled the internals, checked the filter, drained all the fluid, refilled it and it worked fine. I went back out to the truck 20 minutes later and it was locked up again. Wont go up dwn left or right! I was gonna redrain it all over again but not really sure what thats accomplishing. Any ideas would really help. I cant find anything specific to my issue on fisher's site either.

Chuck

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

It could be airbound, try cracking a line to get some of the air out - once you get it working it should self bleed.

3. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

I took the pmp unit off the mount, flipped it over and removed the bottom mount. I extended the ram all the way up and filled the ram with fluid and replaced the mount. I then remounted the unit. I removed the plug on the side of the unit and teh oil fill plug. I filled it till there was fluid coming out of the side plug. I then recapped everything. It had a little hick up and then started working perfectly again. Must had air trapped in the unit.

Chuck