1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 1 Plow Weight?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowguy43, Jan 1, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone have factual info for the weight of a 7 1/2' and 8' Minute Mount 1 Plow? I can find the MM2's but nothing on MM1's. Thanks

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

mm1 blades are a little heavyer from what i have read on here over the years. so i would go with the mm2 weight and add a little.

why do you need to know ?

3. plowguy43

I'm selling mine and have someone asking.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if shipping it i would go no less than 1k pounds on a decent skid. prob a bit more than 1k tho.

most shippers weigh items anyway to know for sure there loads. and if less thay dont normaly charge you the weight you put down.

5. plowguy43

Nothing to do with shipping the buyer wants to know

6. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I found an old flyer and it said 7 1/2' LD plow weighs 718lbs,8' RD plow weighs 855lbs.I hope this helps you out.

7. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

My old 1978 Fisher 7 1/2' that I have on the tractor weighed 545lbs when we weighed it a few years ago which surprised me as it is certainly thicker than the later ones............... that wouldnt include the weight of pushplates or the pump so dont know about those figures.

8. plowguy43

Did it have a 7.5RD? I'm surpised they weighed more, they really don't look it-smaller A Frame, headgear isn't as beefy.

9. plowguy43

Oh yeah thank you for the info!

10. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

The weight was actually 715lbs. for a 7 1/2' RD,the 8' HD was 855lbs.They didn't list a 8"RD.Sorry I had the flyer in the garage and didn't have anything to write with so I went from memory which isn't too good,I guess.

11. plowguy43

Crazy how much heavier it is! Thanks again!

12. RL1

RL1 Junior Member