1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute mount 1 motor running but no hydraulics

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pcarrier0927, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Pcarrier0927

Pcarrier0927 Junior Member

Hello everyone!
    Just bought this plow about a week ago and started wiring everything together. Once that was done I decided to test the plow out. I first made shore
    The controller red light came on so I know that's working. I plugged the harness into the plow hydraulics side.
    Immediately the motor turned on for the plow and it seemed like the lower right angle piston moved a little
    Bit so I tried to used the controller but nothing happend. The motor still runs but there is no clicking nothing.
    I got out and made shore my connections were tight as can be
    And still no movement what so ever left right up or down!
    Any input would be appreciated
    Thanks in advance Phil

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So as soon as you plugged the grill connectors in, the motor ran correct? If that's the case then, you might have your underhood solenoid wired wrong. Double ck the 2 small wires 1 should be gnd all the time, one is going to be switched pwr. Start there. You can disconnect the 4G wire out to test this

3. Pcarrier0927

I have one of the small wired grounded at all times to the metal of the truck the other small wire is wired to the positive terminal of the battery. Im guessing that's totally wrong
    The other wire that's with the 2 smaller wires that is bigger is wired to the negative terminal of the battery.
    Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

4. dieselss

Yep there's half the prob. 1 wire should be gnd. The other small wire has to come from the controller. You already saw what happens when it is hooked directly to pos. Should be a brn wire coming off the loom, that goes to the other side of the solenoid. Thats coming from the clicker in the cab. Did you look at fishers website for the correct wiring diag???

5. Pcarrier0927

I have attempted to look at fishers wiring diagram but no luck. The red wire that's coming from the controller should be wired straight to the battery?
    I'm still confused as to where this other little wire needs to be?
    Sorry I'm so confused!

6. dieselss

7. Pcarrier0927

UPDATE!
    So I looked at the diagram you spoke about. And come to the conclusion I don't even have the motor relay! So I'm gonna have to order that online, apparently the guy
    I bought it from didn't know that was for the plow!

8. dieselss

Wow ok...you might be able to get a plow only solenoid at your local parts store. But make sure its a plow one,,not an automotive one. They are different