1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minute mount 1 hydrolic questions?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dpglandscapes, Nov 18, 2010.

1. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

I have a minute mount 1 hydrolic for my other plow truck. Its on a 95 F250 5.8 and for some reason with the new cutting edge that i put on my plow is only 2in if that off the ground when angled all the way up. I noticed that its hitting these two stopper pieces of metal on the head gear. I was thinking that if i cut those off if it would at least raise the blade a little more. Any ideas, i also tried the three different holes on the ears and still nothing?
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like the cutting edge is much longer than the previous one? If your hitting the bump stops on the headgear than thats all she's got. If you cut those off, the lift cylinder won't have enough travel to go much higher, but you could take up some slack in the chain. I don't recommend cutting the stops though, maybe drive with it angled but not fully angled.
  3. dpglandscapes

from 01982

thanks man, yeah i dont think im gonna cut the bump stops, and yeah your right the cutting edge looks like its off a D6 dozer haha,
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

post this in fisher section,

any pics of the plow? or the other plow? i like to see pics of fishers:)
  5. dpglandscapes

from 01982

yeah man ill take a couple today my old plow had a hole in the front of it and my brother took it to school and had fab tech weld it for nothing, i mean it will do the trick and i just painted it two days ago, ill get them up today
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

sounds like you need to look at replacing the front suspension