1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minute Mount 1 electrical issues?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by K5Man91, Sep 16, 2013.

1. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

Hi I have a 1996 Ford F250 plow truck and I have two Minute Mount 1 plows. I know this issue is not with the plows because the same problem happens with both plows, which were both working good before today.

So, I started up the truck today to move it around my property, and the plow was working fine like it usually does, left, right, up and down all worked great. Then I went out and moved the truck again later and the plow would only go down. When I would try to raise it, or angle it, all that happens is the Fish Stik handheld controller makes a clicking sound and the solenoid for the plow under the hood clicks too. It is very audible, even over the sound of the 5.8 engine of the truck. The pump on the plow does not make any noise. No clicking, whining, NOTHING. It is silent. Also, when I turn on the headlights when I have the plow connected, the truck's headlights come on, not the plow's. Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a solenoid might be going out. Will the plow...or the ram go dwn? Press dwn in the stick and press in the ram...what happens?
    The lights.....ck your gnds tk gnd and plow gnd

3. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

The ram will go down on the plow. I have two new solenoids, I will try replacing that and will post back. Thanks for the reponse I appreciate it. If anyone else has any more input, please let me know.

Thanks.

4. dieselss

Don't forget to ck your grounds. All or them....and wiggle them and ck inside the heat shrink ends if you can

5. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

From what I have seen all wiring for the plow on the truck looks good, all grounds are connected. You really think that it is the solenoid?

6. dieselss

If you hear a click....its a good place to start. Use a test light and ck the pos out of the solenoid. That will tell you.if you have pwr coming out
    Fyi just b/c the gnds look connected don't mean that there in proper order. A little bit of corrosion can play havoc on plow systems

7. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

For future readers of this that might have a similar issue, a new solenoid fixed the issue.

8. dieselss

Well thx for the update glad its fixed