1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minor snowfall for tomorrow 11/18

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Nov 17, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

* accumulations... Snowfall rates of 3 to 5 inches per hour in the most intense portion of the band. Snow potentially accumulating 2 to 3 feet in the most persistent bands. Additional significant amounts possible late wednesday night through late thursday night.
  2. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

If I lived from Erie to Buffalo I would put a gun to my head.. lol...
  3. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

Keep it up there for now! I'll take it down here anytime after 12-15. I'll be ready by then.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

weather center reporting 4 ft in lancaster!....grandview must be busy
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

We've had a dusting over the last two days of this "major storm"
  6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Jesus. I don't know what I'd do with 3 feet of snow...at once.
  7. Botchy5967

Botchy5967 Member

X 2 :laughing:
  8. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Beat the s*** out of your equipment is what you'd do with three feet of snow at once!
  9. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

I hope Grandview has a blizzard clause in his seasonal contracts. Good Luck/ Stay safe.
  10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

No kidding. Talk about the customer coming out on the winning end if he doesn't.

All our contracts, seasonal and per push have blizzard clauses, as well as temperature clauses for sidewalks.
  11. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

We are over in Rochester.....70 miles west. Lancaster where Grandview is from has had over 48 inches in 24 hours......they are pushing 5 feet now and some areas are expected to be 8'-9'.
  12. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

Latest weather report at 11pm (Tues) mentioned reports of 60" from a few weather spotters and it was still snowing. This was south to south east of Buffalo. Now North of Buffalo had reports of 2 - 3in tops. That wave, or snow-gun as they call it, was that intense and well defined.

Tug Hill plateau area (east of Lake Ontario and near Adirondack mnts) are also getting hit hard, but I haven't seen their totals yet.

Numerous pictures from some friends and meteorologists from those areas are floating around FB and other areas. A few show an open door with snow like 3/4 of the way up and one going to the top with the imprint of the door in the snow. Oh, and the dog looking puzzled at how to get out. : ) There are also some videos from just beyond the storm showing how little snow they were getting and how strong the storm was in the background.
  13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Hope your safe GV
  14. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Time to bust out the mining loaders
  15. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

16. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

So is grandview still alive?
  17. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

He's probably snowed in. They have more comeing up that way
  18. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Knee deep in a snow bank somewhere......
  19. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

Try neck deep lol
  20. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Doesn't he plow with pickups? I have never seen any post where he said he has a loader. I bet he is hating life right now.