1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minor Extreme V Issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Feb 5, 2015.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

2012 Model 9'6 v. I had to re adjust the t frame to get it level. Now I can't keep the bolts tight. Even using breaker bars. Is it because I re used the nylon locking nuts? Should I get new nuts and a lock washer also?

Also, the plow creeks when lifting with the weight of the plow. When it's just the slack it doesn't creek. Is that a issue where I need to lubricate the pins?

2. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

we replace the bolts every year and we have had issues with cutting edges coming loose as well.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Had one of the bolts come loose on mine. This damaged the threads and I was unable to get it tight again. Replaced the bolt and I now check them once a month.

4. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Nylocs are considered a one time use nut,I would replace them.
    The confiugation bolts will require periodic tightening,its just part of the game.

5. gtmustang00

from Berlin

So every time I tighten I have to put new nylon nuts on them?! I'm used to XLS and straight blades.

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

New bolts, new nylon nuts. Installed using 3/4 inch impact gun. They are moving a little again. Time to re tighten and tack the nuts in place?

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Might have torched the nylocks with the impact gun. Personally I've always used a ratchet or box wrench for nylocks. Maybe try using a couple jamb nuts or swapping out the bolts for pins and hitch clips.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Don't think pins and hitch pins would be a good idea for this application. This would cause a lot of slop in a frame.

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Problem is all to common,the only permanent fix i've found on customer plows (EZ-V and XV's) is once the warranty is up,with new or newer cutting edges on and truck loaded with typical season ballast,level the A-frame/T-frame,tighten the bolts one last time and weld the push frame to the A/T frame.This may not be ideal if you run that plow on multiple trucks with different heights but it's effective and i have seen zero issues afterwards.
    I prefer to wait untill warranty's are up but actually have a few guys that insist we do it right from the start.

10. gtmustang00

from Berlin

My old boss welds the frame on his extreme v's too. Would you think tightening and tacking the nuts on would work?

11. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

We do the same thing. It's about the only fix that works and lasts.

12. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't be my first choice either. I was just brainstorming at that point

13. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Is there a Fisher rep on here that could send me a private message? I'd like to somehow find a solution that fixes this issue. Thanks.