1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minnesota storm 2/28-3/2

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Lawn Enforcer, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Well, here is the place to post your pics of the 2/28-3/2 Minnesota storm. We've had about 2.5 inches since about 4:30 p.m. These pics were taken at 8:15 p.m. The wind is really picking up too! Happy plowing everyone!

o7 snow 001.jpg

2. Lawn Enforcer

Here is just another pic from 8:15 p.m. Wednesday.

o7 snow 002.jpg

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Im right on the ND MINN border, so thats close enough isnt it? This pic was taken about 10min ago. Id say we have about 2 inches so far sence it started at about 7. There saying by friday night we could have 12-15, so where down by 2 and 13 to go.

[​IMG]

4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i am in chaska mn i just finished up all the clean up from the last storm well i guess round 2 is here.

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

the pickups r now just kinda a blur in the white from the window where the pic was taken eirlier. I know I should try to get a few hours of sleep, but how can you sleep when its snowing like this???

6. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i know what you mean man i cant sleep either i am going out in a couple hours to start plowing

7. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

Hey 4x4 Farmer
    Are you gonna do any videos of this storm.And Where did you buy the snowbuckets for the Cats and john deere..

Thanks
    Mike DiBiase

8. Minimatt3535

Minimatt3535 Junior Member
    from MN

I just got in from snowblowing my drive's this morning. Im right in chanhassen by the cities so its a rain/snow mess here. About 2 1/2 inchs of slush this morning and rain now. All you guys south west and northeast of the cities good luck in your blizzards! Aperently your going to get up to 2 feet?!?!?!

9. Lawn Enforcer

Here are some storm update pics. I was out this morning clearing driveways, and we have about 4" on the ground, but we're gonna get hammered with up to 10" this afternoon-night, or maybe even more!:nod:

o7 snow 003.jpg

10. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Looks Like The Heavy Wet Stuff That We Dont Like To See.

11. Lawn Enforcer

It isn't too heavy, but it isn't powder either. The blower only plugged up at the end of the driveway where there was a puddle before the storm came.

12. the_experience

the_experience Member

The storm just came onshore from Lake Superior here in Duluth. I'd go take a picture, but I don't want to take my camera out in that stuff! Fortunately the state DOT and the city have their plows out in full force and are doing their best to keep up. Hat's off to those guys!

13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

yeah, I'll have some video and pics from the storm in a day or two when its over. Right now its just sleeep and work, no play.

14. Lawn Enforcer

Well, MNdot closed a bunch of state highways tonight and pulled a lot of the plows off the roads. Gov. Pawlenty may call off school statewide tomorrow. I'll be out tomorrow morning cleaning the driveway, but for now just kicking back and eating some hot pizza!

15. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

All of I-29 in South Dakota is closed. I-90 east from SIoux Falls, all 12 miles, is closed too.:help:

Blizzard warning for the eastern part of the state. Just a blowing snow advisory here where I'm at.

16. the_experience

the_experience Member

Duluth has the city plows back out now......with chains. Park Point is still closed. They're working on getting some big old school v-plows in (I'd love to see an Oshkosh or FWD) to bust up the drifts, but I don't think anyone that lives out there will be going anywhere. I currently cannot see my car. I can see a large snow drift where I parked it, however. The snow has tapered off and the winds are dying down so maybe people will be able to clear out as the day rolls on. I know the college is shut down and so is work today though so I have nothing to do but sit back and drink beer. Shoveling can wait. :drinkup:

17. Lawn Enforcer

Here are the updated pics. Here is one with me clearing out the driveway. We have about 11" on the ground, but it's hard to tell with the wind blowing it around.

o7 snow 008.jpg

18. Lawn Enforcer

Here is the curb on the side street of my house!

o7 snow 011.jpg

19. Lawn Enforcer

Here is the pic of the pile in front of the house, I am running out of room to put the snow!

o7 snow 010.jpg

20. Lawn Enforcer

Here is the last one for now, enjoy the pictures! Happy plowing everyone!

o7 snow 007.jpg