1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minnesota Snow!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by TKLAWN, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Snowing hard now

2. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I'd love to see it get choked out by 2 or 3am and have us all look like rockstars come morning... that AND I REALLY don't feel like putting a new cutting edge on just to put the plow away... :)

3. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Oh yeah...well the newest RAP Model shows a foot of snow at the airport by tomorrow at 11. Not exactly sure how the RAP figures their info but I think it updates hourly and doesn't go more than 18 hours out. Nonetheless it says 12".:)

"The La Crosse weather story that Unit posted earlier today had the east metro in 9-13, now it's at 8-11".......Did that originally include the snow that came through this morning?

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I dunno. I don't count that snow since I had 1 account all day that had snow on it. ;)

5. mnlefty

mnlefty Senior Member

I hate when the radar looks like this. I wish it could just be a solid band rolling through... for better or worse on whatever the totals end up being, just give me something that leaves me a chance to estimate totals and timing. Looking out the window it's gone from nothing to dumping to nothing again, now a steady snow shower in the last hour. I think I better quit looking out the window. Just take a nap and look at the ground in a couple hours cause it looks to be this way for a while... changing every time you look out the window.

radar jumble.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  6. LwnmwrMan22

For those that want to get a nap in, but want to see the news, Ian's leading the 9 o'clock.

I'm sure Dave Dahl will do the same on 45.

7. SSS Inc.

HEEEEEAAAAAAAAVVVVY Snow now for me. We'll see how long it lasts. Wolves game actually is interesting right now.

This is your inch+ an hour snow. Went from 1/2" to almost losing sight of the first hockey puck in a matter of minutes. Yikes.

8. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Ian said 3.5 by morning 4-7 total

9. BossPlow614

BossPlow614 2000 Club Member

Hopefully we can hit that 7" mark at least, 2 pushes on everything for sure then.

10. SSS Inc.

Too low I think, already have 1" in S. Mpls. Before I judge I'll wait and see what the snow-o-meter says.

Edit: 1.2"

11. LwnmwrMan22

5" by 10.

I posted earlier where channel 4 guy said 5" by 8 am.

That doesn't sound bad. At least it's supposed to keep snowing into the day.

The worst storms are 4-7" from 11 pm to 6 am and then sunny.

No one realizes it quit snowing 15 minutes before they looked out the window.

I'm heading out to Minneapolis. Gonna hit those accounts down there since they actually had snow today, then work my way back towards Forest Lake / Chisago City.

Doing accounts tonight I haven't done in 6-7 years. Some I've never done.

Have a newer guy in a truck, albeit experienced, so everything SHOULD go smoothly.

I guess we'll see.

Good luck all, stay safe, enjoy......

12. mnlefty

mnlefty Senior Member

Tide has turned since this morning apparently. Saw your post about 1-1.2 and thought I don't have that much. Measured with a ruler and the 3/4 mark was visible above the snow.

13. SSS Inc.

That's because I never shoveled the first round. Just kidding. It should all even out as the night goes on I would guess.

Here comes the snow-o-meter.!

14. BossPlow614

BossPlow614 2000 Club Member

Now that Ive seen the forecast, time for a nap, setting the alarm for 1 to see whats happening. What time is everyone hitting residentials? If possible to squeeze in before people leave for work or mid morning after the commercials are opened and then again after the storm? And then cleaning up commercials tmrw night of course.

15. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I'm planning to start at 1 then hit them again when its done

16. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

Does anyone here know how the snow emergency parking things work in MPLS , im from east bethel area but am working on a remodel near 4400 freemont ave . do they have a set system or do they anounce it after it stops snowing ? last thing i need is my vehicle towed when i least suspect it . thanks for any info .

17. banonea

banonea PlowSite Veteran

we got around 1/2" in Rochester (55901) Falling straight down for the most part, no wind.

18. LwnmwrMan22

http://www.minneapolismn.gov/snow/index.htm

19. IDST

IDST Senior Member

Thinking about heading soon. Got my three hour nappy

20. IDST

IDST Senior Member

Bell just had nine inches by 6 am