1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minnesota Snow!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by TKLAWN, Feb 3, 2008.

1. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Well it looks like we will get 2-4 inches by Tuesday morning I ure hope we don't get too much freezing rain as highs are supposed to be around freezing. The equipment has been patiently waiting since the 26th of december. :D:D:D

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'll believe when I see it. Until then the plows are staying off. :salute:

3. doh

doh Senior Member

I have an Ice road, on Rainy Lake Nothern MN, so it will snow daily now. This is the latest ever for getting on the ice.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Snowing like crazy in Minneapolis right now payup

5. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

Snow is done 2-4" in northwest Iowa. Went out and played in the snow made some money too feels good.payuppurplebou

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We got screwed as usual less than 1/2 inch here!:realmad:

7. NBI Lawn

So they were predicting 4-6", we ended up with 1-1.5" :realmad:. Oh well, still got to go out and make some money :)

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We were in the up to 4" range when it all started! Did end up having to plow some commercial lots last nite though.

9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

As the trend has been lately, it tracked southeast of us yesterday. Got 1/2" at most. I'm getting sick of all the teasing. Have not made a full push since Dec. 26th as well. Over three feet that month and basically nothing in Jan. Lets hope Feb. helps us out.

10. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

In the metro we barley had enough to plow, so I made the trek home. Hitting those frozan piles felt REAL good. lol.

11. NBI Lawn

Any idea what the word is on snow for this week?

12. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

On kare11 they said its starting to track south but it looks like we may still get 2+ I am waiting for kstps weather they are usually pretty good

13. qualitycut

Latest model shows 2-4 inches and 30 mile an hour winds on fox
    paul doglas says 1-3 now its getting less and less every news cast
    dave dahl says 3-4

I think I am getting addicted to the weather, I am like a crack feen waiting for his dealer to show up.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  14. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

Belinda doesnt know what the hell she's talking about. The model's have been showing the storm going NORTH, not south! I can only hope it comes south like every other storm has so i'll be right in the bullseye!

15. deadogwalkin

deadogwalkin Member

Will it slided North or South like all preceding storms in January and Ferbruary so far? It looks right now like Alexandria will get the brunt of the snow- Plow away!

16. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I hope this map is accurate! It puts me in the bullseye! I got a new tranny to pay myself back for :cry: Time will tell and just maybe we can get enuf on the ground and get two plows out of this snowfall.

http://http://www.crh.noaa.gov/wxstory.php?site=mpx

Sorry, link didnt work so copy and paste it to your URL to see the map.

17. qualitycut

I hope thats right 3-5 in twin cities.

18. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Hey deadogwalkin what's the name of your business. Just wondering I am also located in waconia:waving:

19. deadogwalkin

deadogwalkin Member

Hey- I thought I recognized your name, I am Outdoor Living & Landscaping, Inc. As you- I have been waiting for this snow for awhile. It has been a thin month or so around here. I haven't had much to do but hunt coyotes ........... and get work for the season! Good Luck tonight ....stay safe.

20. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

You guys arent too far from me i am just east on highway 5 in chanhassen.