1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minnesota - snow=clean & wax truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Up North, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Well, since there hasn't been much snow to push in the past month I figured it was time to give the ol' truck a winter coat of wax. Got all the snow/ice melted off from the undercarriage, washed her up, vacuumed it out, cleaned the interior, and gave her a coat of Nu Finish. Not bragging here, but I think she still looks good for being 5 years old.

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

decided to pull her outside where lighting is better.

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

last one. blah blah blah

4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Looks nice, that's a sharp looking paint job? Custom?
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

thanks Mowerpan. It is a custom job that the dealer had done for them. My brother in law bought the truck initially then I bought from him in the spring of 2001. Personally if it were me, I wouldn't buy a truck with custom paint just because it's a PITA if you get a scratch, nick, or ding. But I couldn't pass up the deal he offered.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

WOW :dizzy: sorry to hear about the no snow... we have been getting some lake effect snow now and then but not much other than that this month.
  7. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

That is one sharp lookin Chevy!!! :nod: I hope to get my '87 chevy painted this summer.
  8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Swampdonkey,
    Make sure you post a pic when you get her done. What kind of paint job you gonna give her? Word of caution, the custom jobs makes one leary about parking near others, always making sure shopping carts are far away, etc. But then I choose to start plowing with it...go figure. :confused:

9. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

Nothing fancy I am going keep the same as it is now, black top and bottom with silver down the middle, just freshening her up.

I will post pics when she is done.
  10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

pretty sweet truck ya got there Buck
  11. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Looks good Buck,shouldn't you be getting your turkey license soon?
  12. Magik

Magik Junior Member
    from Ohio

NIce looking ride there Up North....Nice and clean......I hope you get some snow to mess up that nice wash Job.....lol....
  13. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Buck,

That custom paint job does look good. Now I know what you menat back a couple of months ago on the dings and scratches on the custome job. That would be a lot of work to redo the custom job. Is the truck clean as it was when you took the pictures. Looks good. Want to do mine?

14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Good looking truck Buck. :nod: Hopefully I'll see it in person if we get together this summer for that get together that's being talked about "elsewhere". ;)
  15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thanks guys. Looks like we're not going to get any snow till Monday at the earliest, kind of would like to get it slopped up again if you know what I mean... payup

Camland, I didn't get drawn this year. I applied for a different time slot in the season this year due to getting ready for lawn season and all. But my preference points will accumulate for next year, so I'll be putting & clucking next season I hope!

Boss, we'll get together at some point for sure. I gotta see that dash/gauge display of yours in person! That thing is cool looking.

Young Pup, got a little salt residue on it today from the roads...nothing my California duster can't handle... :D Bring your on up, I love detailing vehicles unless I need to take my backpack blower to clean out all the garbage in the cab... :dizzy:

16. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, hopefully mine will be looking nice and clean by the end of the month. It goes to the car wash between storms but its still hard to keep it clean especially this winter.
  17. Plow King jr.

Plow King jr. Member

I love that truck. :nod:
  18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Buck,

I have seen several pictures of your truck but it really looks good all cleaned up.Its nice having a big shop like that it gives you a nice advantage of being able to keep your truck and equipment clean in the winter months.The paint job on that truck is beautiful.Its one of those trucks thats almost to nice to use as a work truck.
  19. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thanks Larry. Yeah I agree, I really hated to use it for the lawn & plowing business but I didn't have many options. It's been paid off for a couple years and it's nice not having a payment. I'd given thought to picking up a decent used rig for the business but needed the funds to purchase equipment needed in order to HAVE my business. Hopefully by next season or the following season I'll have a used 3/4 or 1 ton diesel in my shop.