1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minnesota guys...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Up North, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I understand there is some phone number that guys in this area are calling for very accurate and latest info concerning forecasts. Does anyone know what that # could be? I'd ask...but they are my competition and not sure if I should approach them about it.

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

Buck

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

bump to the top.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Try this, he's pretty acurate for our area.
    Johndee.com

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

thanks Boss, I'll check that out.

Buck

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey bud,
    Yeah, that's what I use now. I've found that it is very accurate. I used to use weatherbug but that program is a Spyware infested mess. Looks like we're going to miss out on the storm, what are they saying for you down there? I'm going to be in the twin cities again this weekend, should I bring my plow?? :D

Buck

7. schnitz

schnitz Member

Hey Buck....
    Bring the plow and swing 3 hours east. We're supposed to get 1" tonight, 5 tomorrow, another 5 tomorrow night, and an additional 1 to 2 on saturday. So bring the plow, I'm getting sick o' shovelling (Happy St. Patricks day pun inserted for a laugh!)! payup

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Good thing that snow is going south!!! I could get sick of winter :waving:
    Buck, I use all of the ones listed before and( WXnation.com )they give a list of all the weather services with links and weather cams too and they have the weather too radar satellite all you could want.

Snow!! we don't need any stinking snow!!! :jester: :drinkup:
    Relax, I'll consed a little, I guess you can start to hear the fat Lady clearing her throat a little..

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Better bring the plow if you're heading to the south side of the cities.

Better not get this post before Monday either. If you're not already on your way, might as wait until Sunday.

The snow is "SUPPOSEDLY" heading to the south side now, Mankato, Lakeville, Eau Claire WI.

10. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

The Ice Breaker was out in the bay today.. clearing her throat?? :jester:

11. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

Im very happy the snow is going South - Ready for spring!! :redbounce

12. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

twin cities still in line to get a plowable snow. payup

13. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I should have taken the plow off and washed & waxed the trucks!!LOL
    Looks like it will miss us... There is always a hope of a back lash of lake effect snow for us. :p

14. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Drove through the storm in Albert Lea on Friday night, the worst snow storm I've ever driven through in my life. Counted 64 cars in the ditch from Mason City IA, to Minneapolis. Those were just the cars I could see in the 10 feet that I could see. Came back to school in Iowa yesterday, and you never would have guessed they got 20 inches or so on Friday.