1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MiniSkid Plowing???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KrazyPlow, Dec 10, 2008.

1. KrazyPlow

KrazyPlow Junior Member
    from utah

How do the mini skidsteers dow with the plow attachment?
    does anyone have any experiance with one?

since my truck is too big for a plow i thought about doing that instead, and maybe a snowblower as well
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have a toro dingo. It does have bad tires, but pushes OK. For the size however our 500 cc quad works alot better but is less manuverable.
  3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

we have run two different machines.

For sidewalks we had a bobcat 463 with a 4' plow on it. It moved relatively quickly and did a great job according to the operator. We also had a material bucket with it.

For the past few seasons we have also had toro dingo 420 and 525's. we had alot of ice two years ago, the dingo cut thru the ice and opened up walks instantly. Again for the dingos we get the 3' plow and may use the material bucket. I believe there is also a rotary broom by toro, but the rental place does not have them.

If a mini skid is your only option, it may be worthwhile, but there are probably other more productive pieces.

Our other mainstay for walks is John Deere Gators. We mount 5 or 6' plows on them and on some have salt spreaders. In the heavy ice we beat the heck out of the blades and broke some off the frames and had to rebuild them after the storm. But most of the time they are fairly quick and clean walks nicely.

what kind of truck do you have that its to big for a plow, and what are you trying to plow?
  4. KrazyPlow

KrazyPlow Junior Member
    from utah

a dodge ram 2500 on 46" tires...i already tried asking if i could rig up a plow on my truck...and everyone laughed so yeah...

i have a 16ft landscape trailer i can pull miniskids and snowblowers and stuff with...i think it would work well i had one neighborhood or a few commercial accounts.
  5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I would like to see a pic of this....Cant you just put stickers on for the winter?
  6. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I've used a bobcat mt55 w/ a 4' blade for the past two season, allows me to do drives and walkways down to 36" wide. Not nearly as fast as quad, but easier to manuver and can pile snow. Its an unbelievable machine, and grabs a lot of attention. I'll try to post some pics.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008