1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

minimum posts

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by 2005_Sierra, Oct 31, 2009.

1. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

may i suggest something for the site? I would like to know if we can require 30 posts on this website before someone may list a item for sale in the Marketplace section? I also apologize if i am out of line suggesting this.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

How about 30 posts before someone can post a new thread period.
  3. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

i wouldn't go as far as saying 30 posts before a new thread in a topic, but i think it should definitely apply to the for sale section
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

How about requireing 10 searches before posting a new thread.
  5. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I would also put in a vote for the minimum posts to list items to sell. That forum is basically craigslist now.
  6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I have to agree with this. A lot of other forums do this. And most of the posts in the for sale section are just links listing craigslist ads. Very annoying.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

LMAO....I agree, make it 20.
  8. I guess I better get my useless post count up then ...
  9. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

ecoGreen's right It's a nice thought, but it just makes those guys post useless crap on other people's threads to get their post count up..
  10. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

what about no count but length of account ?
  11. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

True, but I think the Moderators have protection for that too. I saw a guy in one of the forums try to useless post up to a 5 count so he could PM, and his post count didn't go up.
  12. Rather Silly actually, Why do you require a certain number of posts/ Time in order to PM ? If people are new and violating the rules the Mods and admins can address that.

In another thread I had a discussion with another member that would have better been handled by PM.
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You are not out of line. I was thinking the same thing after that screwball we had on last night.
    I like this idea even better.
    That gives us time to weed out the bozos
    An idea, but a lot of stalkers here. Been members for months, maybe a dozen posts.
    Probably in the off topic forum.
    Only if they know about it. Pretty busy around here right now.
    Nothing is perfect.

I totally support a minimum post count thread to start new threads, or at least for sale items. I mean, it's fun to reply to the "how do I bid this" thread from the guy with one post that joined yesterday. I would like to see guys (and girls) get involved here. Show a little commitment before posting the stupid questions, or trucks for sale that don't exist:D
  14. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

How many posts before a "How To Bid This Parking Lot" Thread?

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you should make it 100 post to sell something
  16. ProScape Canada

ProScape Canada Junior Member

I think it should be a combination between length on account and posts. if someones account has been open for a year and only had 5 posts they wouldn't be a risk for just posting links.
  17. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I would think that having a minimum post count to post something for sale would be only benificial to the forum. The ones who have come on here to sell something vs. participating (not saying that everyone HAS to participate but it is the overall purpose of this site) really add nothing to the forum.
  18. ProScape Canada

ProScape Canada Junior Member

I'm with you on that one.