1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Minimum Plow for F350

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by PBinWA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. PBinWA

PBinWA Junior Member

This has probably been asked before but what hasn't in these type of forums! :rolleyes:

I have a 97 F350 gas 5spd 4x4. 3-4" lift.

I have a little over 1 mile long private road to plow. Asphalt and the only bumps are a few low profile reflectors. Currently, I plow with a 26hp tractor and a rear blade but would like to get the truck set up for quicker runs in a heated cab.

I don't think I need a heavy duty plow but the light duty Snow-way plows seem too small for the truck.

Any recommendations on the minimum plow I should put on the truck. I don't need power anything. The road is a pretty straight run. I want to make 2-3 swaths down the road at most and don't mind getting out to re-angle manually.

Suggestions?

2. PBinWA

PBinWA Junior Member

Correction on the light-duty "Snow-way" - I guess I meant "SnowBear". It looks like Snow-way has stuff that fits the F350.

I guess I'd also be interested in plows that are readily available on the west coast.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No one i know of but snowbear is making a manual angle any longer.

If you aren't particular Ebay often has used units cheap. But beware, you get what you pay for.

4. PBinWA

PBinWA Junior Member

Thanks Basher.

I wish you had a dealer closer to Portland, OR.

Can you give any sort of ballpark pricing on the minimum 8 foot 29 series with all the attachments?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No, dealer buying levels, freight charges, labor rates, etc.... cause to much fluctuation in pricing from dealer to dealer. Some of the guys can probably give you an idea what they paid.

6. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

We got a guy running around with a similar truck to yours with what appears to be an ATV plow on it. It looks to be a twin to the 60" on my Arctic Cat, when I seem him again I'll try and get pics. I about die laughing when I see the rig, plow is about 8" or so lower than the bumper and about 6" narrower than the truck on each side. Took him about 4 hrs to plow a 20'x200 foot drive into a parking lot. So to answer your question, there is no minimum on plow size. Just depends on how much time you want to spend plowing.

7. PBinWA

PBinWA Junior Member

I've been chasing down prices today.

So far a new "minimum" plow is worth more than I paid for the truck. I'm waiting on the Sno-Way dealer out of Seattle to call me back.

I may just get a manual angle blade for the FEL of my tractor though. It appears that it would be less than half the price of the snow plow.

8. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Here are the Sno-Way dealers listed in Washington...OOPS, you already figured it out. Good luck!!

United States
    City Retailer Name Address Phone Number Truck Plows Receiver Spreaders VBox Spreaders Skid Steer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferndale, WA Ferrotek
    jim@ferrotek.com
    http://www.ferrotek.com 7135 Delta Line Rd
    zipcode: 98248
    Driving Directions 360-366-7444

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tacoma, WA PMI Truck Bodies
    darrenejohnson@comcast.net 2219 112th St. East
    zipcode: 98445
    Driving Directions 253-539-3339

Twisp, WA Alpine Welding and Equipment, Inc. 1211 Cascade Dr.
    zipcode: 98856
    Driving Directions 509-997-4766