1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Truck Vs. Fullsize

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CHEVYPLOWDUDE, Mar 16, 2004.

1. CHEVYPLOWDUDE

CHEVYPLOWDUDE Junior Member

WONDERING ABOUT THE DIFFRENCE WITH A MINI TRUCK AND FULL SIZE WHEN PLOWING I LOVE MY FULL SIZE TRUCKS BUT A FEW OF MY DRIVEWAYS I DO ARE ALMOST INPOSABUL TO GET IN TO WITH A FULL SIZE TRUCK WHATS YOUR IMPUT?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

why dont you get a 1500 short bed with 5.3 i use dodge dakota with a 5.2 plenty of power and torque

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

hey chevy i only plow with small trucks i run a special service for small and tight places i make more than most large trucks i think most belive bigger is better and i love them because i have the pic of the litter (lol) and can get all the work i can handle my main contractor sells my service and we all make money because they dont have the special service i provide my small bronco II 's have plows ,salters ,and liquid sprayers all computer linked i think ive gone snow crazy with all the tech stuff but i make lots of money for playing in the snow so remember its all in the contract and giving your customer the service they pay for.......

4. CHEVYPLOWDUDE

CHEVYPLOWDUDE Junior Member

i is a chevy 1500 reg cab short bed i was wondering how the handling in pushing and pulling snow is

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Wow.

6. Murf67

Murf67 Member

I have a 94 4runner with a Meyer's 6.5 EZmount...I had large trucks and Jeeps before this and I'll put the 4 runner up against them pound for pound:drinkup:

4runner2.jpg

7. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I plow with an s-10 zr2, with 6'9" fisher ld, works great on residential driveways. You just have to plow with the storm.

8. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

every peice of equipment has its place. use the right tool for the job and you will be fine. an s10 in a big parking lot isnt ideal just like a 550 with a 10' blade isnt ideal for a bunch of small drives

9. gr84

gr84 Junior Member

i use a 1994 chevy 1500 short bed 4.3 v-6 with a 7.5 meyer as long as u have a little bit of weight in the back it will work fine. just yesterday i push 6 inches of wet snow up to the top of a steep drive.

10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

same here, I only do small lots that are less then 50 spaces, most are small car lots
    [​IMG]

11. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

My customers would freak if I plowed with the storm. They all want me to wait until it is over with. That sometimes means plowing up to 16 inches of snow. My ZR2 handles that fine but when it gets up to 18"+ I get out the old beater 3/4 ton GMC so I don't start breaking things in my new truck.

12. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Just a thought....

What about just using a back blade? I don't really know how they work, but if you are able to use one, it seems more logical than spending oodles of $$ on another truck.

Chris